Monday, December 5, 2011

Set the table with layers!


When having friends over for lunch or dinner I usually start with a theme and then the menu. I start there for my inspiration. Here with this luncheon in mind, I knew it was going to be around cake pops and truffles. When setting a table for a special event, remember to think in terms of layering, starting with the table and building up from there. As you can see I went way up with the fresh flowers in the mercury container. I love height on or near a table, creating interest hi and low. 



A close up of each table setting. I first started with a table cloth of tiny simple design with an overlay of dark champagne with matte sequins. I then added a selection of vintage wine glasses for a bit of bling and then moved on to a flat placemat of dark gold capiz shell, a wooden charger topped off with a bronze ribbon, a white dinner plate, a salad plate with an image of a pheasant, a bowl and finished off with a beaded napkin and a twisty ring for the napkins. Pulling out the silver was another elegant touch for this special day. While putting this table together I kept in mind color, texture and interest by adding candle holders of all sizes, fresh flowers in an oversized mercury container and also added touches gold with Ferrer truffles scattered throughout the table.  

The huge hit of the party was the twisty ties I used for napkin rings. They are made of a copper flexable metal. They just too much fun for all the guests. Their creativity started flowing by making shapes like glasses, hairpieces, bracelets, handbags, ok you get the idea. My guests couldn't get enough. Playing and having fun was the name of the game here. So when using twisty flexys for your napkin rings, your dinner won't be boring!
Contact SavvyandSky and go to link (under goodies) for details on your fun and elegant napkin jewels!